Contact Us Today!
Professional Eyelash Extensions
The procedure for eyelash extensions involves attaching a synthetic, silk or mink eyelash extension to the natural lash. Extensions come in various lengths, thicknesses and curls to fit your preference. Medical grade adhesives will be used to attach each strand of extension to the base of your natural lash. The extension is not attached to the skin in any way – only to the natural lash. Our Extensionist will take the necessary safety precautions to make sure your eyes are comfortable and protected from the adhesive and/or tweezers. You will remain in reclined position and your eyes will stay shut during the entire procedure. Each set of eyelash extensions are custom designed to define your own personal style.
What are the lash extensions made of?
Lashes are available in a variety of materials including synthetic fiber, Premium silk and Authentic mink.
• Synthetic Fiber: Synthetic are slightly stiff but perfectly hold their curl. They are excellent for anyone who wants the most dramatic look. Synthetics do require a bit more care and need fills most often. Synthetic are a great affordable lash.
• Premium Silk: Silky lashes are a super fine synthetic lash that mimics human hair. They are not as stiff as the synthetics but do not give the thickness that mink and synthetic can. They are great for anyone who has very thick lashes naturally and desire only length and curl.
• Authentic Mink: The mink is by far the superior lash extension lash. Mink are the preferred lash of celebrities. The mink are black, shiny and soft. They are weightless and quite comfortable. They have a luscious feathered look once applied. No minks are harmed or killed to make the mink lashes.
How long do they really last?
With proper care, Eyelash Extensions can last from 3 weeks to 6 weeks. Fortunately, our eyelashes continually grow out on a replenishing cycle. Since our eyelashes normally shed on a regular basis, multiple extensions may be lost on any given day. Even though some clients get eyelash extensions for a special occasion or event, most love them and want to keep the look. We recommend our clients to get lash extensions applied for special occasions only and have them removed within 4 weeks. Eyelash extensions do not cause damage to natural eyelashes, although the Department of Community Health notes that blepharitis, sometimes triggered by allergic reactions, can cause eyelashes to grow abnormally.
I have sensitive skin. Are the extension lashes glued to my skin?
The extension lashes are glued about 2mm away from your skin. Neither the synthetic lash nor the glue ever comes in contact with your skin. Because the lashes and glue do not come in contact with skin, a patch test is not required to check for skin reaction.
I wear contacts. Can I still get lash extensions?
Yes! Since lash extensions are not glued to your eyelid, they will not conflict or interfere with your contacts.
What can I do to prepare for the appointment?
For best results, wash your face right before the appointment to ensure your eyes are free of make-up and natural body oils. Do not use mascara and do not curl or perm your lashes. After the eyelash extensions have been applied, it usually takes up to 24 hours for them to completely dry. Putting the eyelash extensions in contact with water during this time will compromise the adhesive.
How do I maintain my new lash extensions?
If you want to get the most out of your eyelash extensions, it is important to properly care for them. Lash extensions that are not properly cared for will fall out sooner and can even be the cause of eye irritation. In order to maintain good ocular health, as well as lengthen the life of your extensions, it is imperative that you properly maintain your eyelash extensions.
Care must be taken when applying eye cream or eye makeup sparingly, while avoiding the lash line area. You may clean your lashes gently with water, contact lens solution, or oil-free eye makeup remover. Avoid Chemical Peels, Alpha Hydroxy, Beta Hydroxy and other highly acidic substances while wearing your Eyelash Extensions. These substances will dissolve the adhesive bond. Keeping your lashes looking nice requires that they be carefully cleaned and dried. Be cautious when using cotton balls, cotton pads, or Q-tips directly on the lash extensions as the fibers can get stuck to your eyelashes. It is very important to keep your eyelash extensions clean to avoid potential problems.
1. For the first 24 hours avoid getting the lashes wet to allow the glue to completely dry.
2. Do not use a steam room or sauna for the first 48 hours to allow glue to cure.
3. Be gentle and respect your new lashes. Avoid rubbing your eyes.
4. Resist the temptation to touch or pull at your stunning new lashes as this will pull out your own natural lashes.
5. Avoid getting them caught on clothes and towels.
6. Try and sleep on your back to avoid crushing your extensions in the pillow.
7. Do not perm or curl the extensions using a clamp eyelash curlers.
8. Avoid wearing mascara as this will lessen the life of your extensions.
9. Do not use eye make-up remover that contains any type of oil products such as petroleum.
10. Please do keep the eye area clean. Avoiding proper hygiene can result in an eye infection.
Please do not try to remove the eyelash extensions on your own. Removing the lash extensions on your own can cause damage to your natural eyelashes by pulling away your real lashes along with the extensions. Eyelash extensions should only be removed by a certified lash specialist. The lash specialist needs to use an Adhesive Remover Gel to dissolve the glue so that the extensions will easily come off. The removal process takes approximately 20 to 45 minutes. To avoid eyelash mishaps, it is best to remove them while the glue is still intact.
Sorry! we do not accept walk-in clients. Please contact us for an appointment. Group appointments must be reserved with a major credit card.
We currently accept Cash, Visa, MasterCard, Discover, American Express and PayPal.
Late arrivals are subject to abbreviated service time. We will make every effort to give you your full time if you arrive late, but will not allow it to interfere with the next client’s appointment. At the discretion of the JC Lashes Extensionist, we may need to reschedule you to complete the work. We appreciate your understanding.
Due to the time-sensitive and customized nature of our services, time has been specifically reserved for your appointment. 24-hour advance notice is preferred for cancellations, with the exception of same-day scheduled appointments. If a cancellation is made less than 24 hours before the scheduled appointment, you will be assessed a $50 cancellation fee.
If you fail to provide advance notification for your missed appointment, you will be charged $50 no show fee on your next service.